Jawatan Kosong Bukit Fraser
About Perbadanan Kemajuan Bukit Fraser (PKBF)
Bukit Fraser or raser’s Hill is named after Louis James Fraser. He was perhaps an accountant by profession but was also a man with a spirit of adventure. Having failed in a venture at gold mining in Australia, he migrated in the 1890s to the Malay States to seek his fortune in tin mining although there is no record of him being issued with a mining lease. He operated a transport business using mules and bullocks to collect tin ore from miners along the Tras-Kuala Kubu route. He lived at that time in a bare humble dwelling in Tras, probably because of the relative ease with which provisions and machinery could reach Tras up river in Pahang.
Later he moved his operations up the hill from the Gap using a bridle path to the site of mines on the hill. Soon, he closed down at Tras and moved up the hill himself. Official plans still mark the site of Fraser’s original house on the hill as ‘Fraser’s Bungalow’
The first official mining lease in the hill was issued in November 1899 to Abu bin Suradi and the last one in 1906 to Robert Lewis and Sempam Mining Company Limited. However, these mines did not last long as the ore was quickly depleted and the Chinese miners and farmers mostly moved away. By that time, Bukit Fraser was the recognized name of the hill but Fraser himself had become only a legendary figure.
Meantime, with the growth of the European population in colonial Malaya, the demand for the cool retreat of hill stations also increased.
In 1917, the Bishop of Singapore and another clergyman on holiday in the Gap rest house trekked up the hill possibly hoping to find the Bungalow of Fraser or its site. On his return to Singapore, he wrote a report to the High Commissioner to suggest that a hill station could be developed with relative ease at the area.
The suitability of the site was confirmed further by a preliminary topographical survey in August 1919. In the same month, Mr. R.C.M. Kindersly, an unofficial member of the Federal Council, informed its meeting that it makes financial provisions in 1919 with a view of opening up Bukit Fraser as a hill resort. Work started in October the same year. Mr. F.W. Mager, the State Engineer Pahang began land clearing around Fraser’s bungalow, making a trace for an access road up the hill from the Gap and surveying the site for buildings.
In 1920, the responsibility of the further growth of Fraser’s Hill was placed in the hands of a Development Committee under the Federal Government. It was this committee that officially renamed Bukit Fraser as Fraser’s Hill.
Main Office (Kuantan)
Perbadanan Kemajuan Bukit Fraser,
Fraser’s Hill Development Corporation,
Bangunan JKR 300, Jalan Masjid,
Pahang Darul Makmur,
Tel No :
09 5171623 / 24 Fax: 09 517 1626
Citizens of Malaysia who were 18 years and over were picked to fill a vacancy in the office is contractually mother Perbadanan officials Progress Bukit Fraser, Pahang Kuantan as follows: –
- Pegawai Khidmat Pelanggan N17
- Pembantu Tadbir HRMIS N17
- Pembantu Tadbir Aset N17
- Please follow the link below for detail
i. The applicant shall use the Job Application Form can be obtained from the Head Office, PWD Building 300, Jalan Masjid 25000 Kuantan, Pahang RM1.00 a piece.
ii. Applications by post should be accompanied by a white colored envelope measuring 10cm x 23cm (4in x 9in) self-addressed and stamped RM0.60.
iii. The application form must be filled out completely with accompanying COPY SIIL QUALIFIED and PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOGRAPH (NEW) and the address to
Perbadanan Kemajuan Bukit Fraser
Bangunan JKR 300,
iv. (Sila catatkan nama jawatan yang dipohon di sudut atas sebelah kanan sampul surat)
- 29 Oktober 2012
- Further information and how to apply, please follow : Click Here
Jawatan Kosong Bukit Fraser provided ijawatankosong