Jawatan Kosong FRIM – The Forest Research Institute Malaysia – FRIM was founded in 1929 as the Forest Research Institute (FRI) was a department under the Forestry Headquarters Peninsular Malaysia. It was not until 1985, the Institute became a statutory body governed by the Malaysian Forestry Research and Development Board (MFRDB) under the then Ministry of Primary Industries. Later in 2004, FRIM was administered by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment.
The Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM), one of the leading institutions in tropical forestry research, both within the country and abroad. Founded by British colonial forest scientist in 1929, the former Forest Research Institute with Dr F.W. Foxworthy as its first chief research officer, became a statutory body governed by the Malaysia Forestry Research and Development Board under the Ministry of Primary Industries in 1985 and then in 2004, FRIM became a statutory body governed under Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment.
The 515-ha site in Kepong located 16 km northwest of Kuala Lumpur, is surrounded by the Bukit Lagong Forest Reserve. The Institute, which has been awarded the MS ISO 9001: 2008 accreditation, is headed by Director-General Dato’ Dr. Abdul Latif Mohmod.
FRIM promotes sustainable management and optimal use of forest resources by generating knowledge and technology through research, development and application. FRIM’s wide-ranging expertise, award-winning research and international collaborations have earned the institute a name for itself in tropical forestry.
FRIM consists of five research divisions. The Forestry Division provides data, standards and guidelines for managing our natural forests on a sustainable basis. The Product Development Division focuses on the development of forest-based industries. The Biotechnology Division involves in creating new planting material through genetic engineering.
Among the services provided by the institute are the arboreta which serves as reference for forestry education, a herbarium established in 1908 with over 200,000 specimens, training courses from landscaping to wood identification, rattan and bamboo product development, a nursery, library and venues for local and international conferences.
The Institute also offers a wide range of facilities for research, including managing six field research stations in areas of different forest types in various parts of the country.
Office Opening Hours: 8.00 am – 5.00 pm (except Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday)
Joggers Opening Hours: 5.00 am – 7.30 pm (except 7.30am – 8.30 am)
For Contact our staff, go to Staff Directory
Forest Research Institute
Malaysia (FRIM), 52110 Kepong,
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Email : [email protected]
T : 603-62797000 F : 603 62731314
Jawatan Kosong Institut Penyelidikan dan Perhutanan Malaysia (FRIM) :
1. JURUFOTOGRAFI B19/B17
- Applications must be made through the online job application system that can be accessed on the website of the Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM).
- Only applications made through the online application system FRIM (http://www.frim.gov.my/general-public/career-opportunities/) will be processed.
- Candidates are required to upload resume (academic qualifications, work experience, current salary and the salary you are applying for a passport picture, as well as copies of relevant certificates) at the time of application.
- Jawatan Kosong FRIM Closing date : 22 Ogos 2016
- Only qualified candidates will be called upon to undergo a screening process.
- Applicants who do not receive any reply after three (3) months from the closing date shall consider their application unsuccessful.
Incoming search terms:
- \[email protected] frim gov my\