Jabatan Perangkaan Malaysia or The Department of Statistics Malaysia was established in 1949 under the Statistics Ordinance 1949 and was then known as Bureau of Statistics. The statistics produced then was limited to external trade and estate agriculture.
In 1965, the name of Bureau of Statistics was changed to the Department of Statistics, Malaysia and was operating under the provisions of Statistics Act 1965. The Department’s functions and role had expanded whereby the data/information collected included the economy and social areas.
The Department of Statistics Malaysia is a premier government agency under the Prime Minister’s Department entrusted with the responsibility to collect, interpret and disseminate latest and real time statistics in the monitoring of national economic performance and social development.
The Department’s headquarters is located in the Federal Government Administrative Center, Putrajaya and has state offices in every state. Operational offices were set up in several states to further strengthen the data collection activities.
Under the “Statistics Act 1965 (Revised 1989)”, the main functions of the department are:
- To collect and interpret statistics for the purpose of formulation or implementation of government policies in whatever fields as needed by the government or for fulfilling the requirements of trade, commerce, industry, agriculture or others
- To disseminate statistics which have been collected or interpretation based on statistics collected, not only to government agencies but also to authorities or persons where the information is useful to them
- To improve and strengthen statistical services and delivery system;
- To be highly responsive to customer needs in a dynamic and challenging environment;
- To have strong research and analytical capabilities;
- To ensure maximum use of superior technology and statistical methodology;
- To inculcate a culture of innovation in producing and delivering statistical products and services;
- To have competent workforce with high level of professionalism; and
- To broaden the use of statistics among users.
Contact Jabatan Perangkaan Malaysia
Department Of Statistics, Malaysia
Block C6, Complex C,
Federal Government Administrative Centre,
Tel: 03-8885 7000
Fax: 03-8888 9248
E-mail: [email protected]
Jawatan Kosong Jabatan Perangkaan Negara
Jabatan Perangkaan Negara invites qualified Malaysians to attend the walk in interview and fill the positions as below: –
1. PEMBANTU PERANGKAAN E19
- Aged not less than 18 years of age at the date of closing the position; and
- The sijil Pelajaran Malaysia or equivalent qualification recognised by the Government as well as distinction in the subject of Mathematics during the examination. (Initial salary was at Grade E19: RM1, 353.00); or
- The sijil Pelajaran Malaysia or equivalent qualification recognised by the Government as well as the Malaysian skills certificate level 2 in the relevant field or equivalent recognized qualifications. (Initial salary was at Grade E19: RM1, 409.40); or
- The sijil Pelajaran Malaysia or equivalent qualification recognised by the Government as well as the Malaysian skills certificate level 3 in a related discipline or equivalent recognized qualifications. (Initial salary was at Grade E19: RM1, 465.80).
How to apply
Interested candidate feel free to submit the application through :
- Closing date : 21 Ogos 2016